By Jeffrey Gray,Mary Balkun,James McCorkle
The ethnically different scope, large chronological insurance, and combine of biographical, serious, old, political, and cultural entries make this the main valuable and fascinating poetry reference of its style for college students today.
• Covers American poetry from the Colonial period to the current in approximately three hundred alphabetically prepared entries
• positive factors key modern poets, together with these showing in present journals
• Brings jointly nearly eighty members who're one of the most generally identified students within the field
• helps universal center country criteria for English Language Arts and Social reviews through supporting scholars achieve a better knowing of language
Read or Download American Poets and Poetry: From the Colonial Era to the Present [2 volumes]: From the Colonial Era to the Present PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
The 16 essays during this quantity shape a chain of similar focuses upon a number of degrees and components of literary feedback. W. ok. Wimsatt's assumption is that perform and conception of either the earlier and the current are integrally related-that there's a continuity within the fabrics of criticism-that someone who stories poetry at the present time has a serious problem, now not basically a ancient curiosity, in what Aristotle or Plato acknowledged approximately poetry.
The level to which American poetry reinvented itself after global warfare II is a testomony to the altering social, political and fiscal panorama of twentieth-century American existence. Registering a major shift within the method students contextualize glossy and modern American literature, this better half explores how American poetry has documented and, now and then, helped propel the literary and cultural revolutions of the prior sixty-five years.
The way forward for Postcolonial reports celebrates the twenty-fifth anniversary of the booklet of The Empire Writes again by means of the now well-known troika - invoice Ashcroft, Gareth Griffiths and Helen Tiffin. When The Empire Writes again first seemed in 1989, it placed postcolonial cultures and their post-invasion narratives at the map.
The 1st examine of George Sand and imaginative and prescient, this publication considers the pull among the visible and the visionary in nineteenth-century France via an exam of Sand's novels. With an in depth corpus starting from Sand's early texts via to her later, much less commonly used works, it repositions Sand's uvre along that of the main realist authors and demonstrates her exact knowing of the radical as a mixture of the concrete and the summary.
- Balancing the Books: Faulkner, Morrison and the Economies of Slavery (Literary Criticism and Cultural Theory)
- Postmodern Literature and Race
- Chinese Literature for the 1980s: The Fourth Congress of Writers and Artists (Routledge Revivals)
- Screw Unto Others: Revenge Tactics For All Occasions
- Dune and Philosophy: Weirding Way of the Mentat (Popular Culture and Philosophy)
Extra resources for American Poets and Poetry: From the Colonial Era to the Present [2 volumes]: From the Colonial Era to the Present
American Poets and Poetry: From the Colonial Era to the Present [2 volumes]: From the Colonial Era to the Present by Jeffrey Gray,Mary Balkun,James McCorkle