By Clemens Spahr
Read Online or Download A Poetics of Global Solidarity: Modern American Poetry and Social Movements (Modern and Contemporary Poetry and Poetics) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
The 16 essays during this quantity shape a sequence of comparable focuses upon a variety of degrees and components of literary feedback. W. okay. Wimsatt's assumption is that perform and conception of either the previous and the current are integrally related-that there's a continuity within the fabrics of criticism-that an individual who stories poetry at the present time has a severe main issue, now not in basic terms a historic curiosity, in what Aristotle or Plato stated approximately poetry.
The level to which American poetry reinvented itself after global warfare II is a testomony to the altering social, political and fiscal panorama of twentieth-century American existence. Registering an incredible shift within the method students contextualize sleek and modern American literature, this significant other explores how American poetry has documented and, every now and then, helped propel the literary and cultural revolutions of the previous sixty-five years.
The way forward for Postcolonial experiences celebrates the twenty-fifth anniversary of the book of The Empire Writes again by means of the now well-known troika - invoice Ashcroft, Gareth Griffiths and Helen Tiffin. When The Empire Writes again first seemed in 1989, it positioned postcolonial cultures and their post-invasion narratives at the map.
The 1st research of George Sand and imaginative and prescient, this e-book considers the pull among the visible and the visionary in nineteenth-century France via an exam of Sand's novels. With an intensive corpus starting from Sand's early texts via to her later, much less ordinary works, it repositions Sand's uvre along that of the most important realist authors and demonstrates her targeted figuring out of the unconventional as a mix of the concrete and the summary.
- Twain in His Own Time: A Biographical Chronicle of His Life, Drawn from Recollections, Interviews, and Memoirs by Family, Friends, and Associates (Writers in Their Own Time)
- Dune and Philosophy: Weirding Way of the Mentat (Popular Culture and Philosophy)
- Theory and Practice of Classic Detective Fiction (Contributions to the Study of Popular Culture)
- Narratives of Nothing in 20th-Century Literature
- The Cambridge Companion to Pushkin (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
- John the Savage and the Bard of Stratford. Shakespeare's Influence on John the Savage in Huxley's "Brave New World"
Additional info for A Poetics of Global Solidarity: Modern American Poetry and Social Movements (Modern and Contemporary Poetry and Poetics)
A Poetics of Global Solidarity: Modern American Poetry and Social Movements (Modern and Contemporary Poetry and Poetics) by Clemens Spahr